Homecare, nurse registry, and nursing agency entrepreneurs have dilemma whether to enter into a franchise agreement with franchiser or to be an independent business owners. Healthcare entrepreneurs expects a franchise ownership will give them the best chances of making in the business. In most cases, the franchisers offers management assistance, access to financial capital, and access to markets thru the branded name of the franchiser.
But most branded franchiser is quite expensive to join and these expenses usually break the bank because franchise operations are usually in a bigger scale. But study shows that homecare, nurse registry, and nursing agency business owners are found to be more profitable and their survival are better than the franchises because of high fees such as royalty and franchise fees. Buying a homecare, nurse registry, and nursing agency franchise is just like buying a business because money, capital is a big part of the decisions. Crucial questions and checklist before entering into a Homecare, Nurse Registry, Nursing Agency Franchise.
Critical questions and fast track questions in purchasing a franchise.
- Consult with franchise attorney and make sure all home care, nurse registry, and nursing agency franchise contracts are examined.
- Is your home care franchisers attempting to circumvent licensure, certifications, accreditations to any government bodies or any government agencies.
- Do you have the exclusive right to the territory?
- The cost of ending the franchise or the franchise agreement and is their any stipulations in ending the franchise.
- Will you be compensated when you sell the franchise.
- How long the franchiser been in business.
- Verify confirmed figures provided by the franchiser.
- Will the franchiser assist with the prime location.
- Can you do all the work by yourself, if yes, then you might not want a franchise company. Rather you should be independent.
- Check with your state rules and regulations in regards to franchising.
- How much capital do you need in order to get into franchise business.
If you want to start homecare, nursing agency or nurse registry business then franchising probably is an option, but not the best option. You can purchase books and guides in becoming an independent homecare business owner.